Why do people love training at Jacksonville Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & MMA? Great question, and the answers are many. I’d love to take credit….but that just not the case. It’s the people who train at, and the programs that are offered at JaxBJJ & MMA that make the difference
I believe people love being a part of a team, a group of people they like and trust. Part of a group of like minded individuals. Part of a group of goal oriented and goal achieveing people. Team JaxBJJ-MMA…………JaxBJJ Muay Thai…………JaxBJJ-Kid-Jitsu!!! There is NOTHING better than being around upbeat, confident, friendly people….it becomes like a family…a team.
In talking to my students, and prospective students and in addition to the aforementioned, there is a common theme for their reasons for training:
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: a great majority of the people who come to train at JaxBJJ & MMA take the BJJ Classes for four major reasons:
- They are bored with the gym or running and would like to do something else to either replace or supplement their current workout efforts.
- They have always wanted to learn a martial art-and gain the benefits like increased confidence, and are finally at a point in their lives to do so. A large contingency of our student base are people in their 30′s and 40′s, and are entrenched in their careers and have established their families.
- They want to either get in shape (lose weight), or stay in shape, but like to be stimulated in the process. The BJJ fits that goal as it is known as a human chess match…..matching physical with the mental aspects in one training session.
- They like to progressions of achievement with the belts and the corresponding stripes……something to achieve while they learn on of the most effective martial arts-self defense systems in the world Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (aka Gracie Jiu-Jitsu)
Muay Thai: Kru Brian Tyle has done a great job with our Muay Thai program. We have a great cross section of men and woment is these classes. What motivates people to train in discipline of Muay Thai?
- People like the Muay Thai due to the “kicking, punching, elbow, knees”, and the ability to release their stress by striking bags and targets.
- However, this is not just a “kickboxing” class. Kru Brian Tyle runs this as a traditional Muay Thai school: He is an extremely motivated, inspiring instructor, and he teaches in a very technical yet easy to comprehend manner. He simply brings out the best in each student….A great motivator.
- The Muay Thai Students also like to progression they can make in the ranking system: The band that the individual wears on their upper arm, the Prajioud, signifies where the student is ranked in the Muay Thai system we teach.
These are just a few of the reasons people love Jacksonville Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & MMA……
I will discuss our MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and Kid-Jitsu (Jiu-Jitsu for Kids) Classes soon. In the meantime, have a great rest of the weekend.
Train hard, Train Smart…..
Professor Larry Shealy